Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Block 17 - Year of Scrappy Triangles

scrap quilt, low-volume quilt, foundation paper pieced half square triangles, hst, quilt, quilting, free quilt pattern

I'm not going to lie, this week's block in a Year of Scrappy Triangles is a killer. It's not hard, it just takes longer than usual. There are tons of little strips in this log-cabin inspired Scrappy Triangle! But, on the bright side, I got to use up a ton of narrow strips. And that is kind of how it goes. The smaller the pieces, the longer it is going to take to make.

scrap quilt, low-volume quilt, foundation paper pieced half square triangles, hst, quilt, quilting, free quilt pattern

I didn't overthink fabric placement in these blocks. I just grabbed small scraps and sewed them on. But, if you do pay attention to placement there are a lot of fun things you can do with this block. Here are a few ideas, but really, the sky is the limit!

scrap quilt, low-volume quilt, foundation paper pieced half square triangles, hst, quilt, quilting, free quilt patternscrap quilt, low-volume quilt, foundation paper pieced half square triangles, hst, quilt, quilting, free quilt pattern


I can't wait to see what you make! 


Click here for links to the other blocks in A Year of Scrappy Triangles.
foundation paper piecing, free pattern, scrap quilt, half square triangles, hat, log cabin quilt, free quilt patterns, foundation paper piecing, 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Leila. I'm so glad I found the Year of Scrappy Triangles earlier this week; if there's one phobia I have in patchwork it's foundation piecing. I usually end up using double the amount of fabric I need. I've downloaded all the patterns so far, and I'm hoping regular foundation piecing will give me the practice I need and I'll never cut the fabric wrongly again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project - we all have so many scraps from other quilting projects. They sit in a box just begging for us to do something with them. You have given me a wonderful project...thank you Leila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea Comes from Year of Scrappy Triangles. I really help myself to make patchwork design.

    ReplyDelete